Fixing a broken marriage
Linda and Doug were on the brink of divorce in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Linda accused Doug of ignoring her, of being lazy and lacking ambition. Doug said Linda was obsessed with her career and ignored their family. Here, they describe how they fixed their marriage.
Linda says the marriage had been loveless for years. Doug, on the other hand, thinks Linda is too demanding and unable to switch off her corporate self.
She's constantly wired, either to her laptop, cell phone, or Blackberry, says Doug. Linda and Doug agreed on big changes to save their marriage.
Doug and Linda's action plan
Here are the immediate steps that Doug and Linda took to save their marriage.
- Seek professional counseling.
- Speak to each other more about personal needs.
- Touch each other and kiss more often.
- Linda has agreed to turn off her cell phone, laptop, and Blackberry one evening a week and spend that time undisturbed with Doug.
- Linda has agreed to a
Doug Decides Daywhere she has to get used to the idea of not being in charge of what's going to happen.
- Once a month to go out for a romantic meal and make love afterwards.
- Set aside time for proper love-making with no interruptions.
- Linda has agreed to wear lingerie in bed for Doug.
- To touch base with each other during the working day.
- Doug has agreed to take on extra responsibilities at school to show his ambition and willingness to progress professionally.
- They have joined a fitness class together which they attend once a week for 45 minutes each session.
- To say
I love youto each other at least once a day.
By Tom Walker